Dating

Fancy a Date: Part Two

A while ago, I wrote a post about what it would be like to date me. I shared some pretty irreversible, unchangeable parts of my personality that would influence how I acted in the first stages of dating/a relationship. It was right after I took the Myer Briggs test, which gave me some pretty accurate results. (If you guys are still interested in it then you should click here to take the test yourself.)

I figured that it was a good time to write a follow-up post, since Valentine’s Day is so close. Now I’m assuming that we’ve gotten past the awkward I-like-you-so-much-that-I’m-going-to-run-away stage and we’re quite settled in our relationship. It’s nice, isn’t it? It’s all butterflies and sex, but wouldn’t you like to know what you’ve really gotten yourself into?

dating-an-istp-blogger

If you have a comfortable bed and coffee and/or milo then I’m yours.

If you have a nice bed then that increases my want to be around you. Chances are your bed is nicer than mine and I want to capitalise on the fact that I can sleep in it whenever I want. If you offer me coffee or milo in the morning then you are a beautiful human and my like for you increases dramatically. (Bonus points for someone who can make coffee or milo like a pro).

I will want to go to sleep straight after sex. None of this talking bullshit. Let me sleep.

I don’t know about you, but I am tired after sex. It is tiring. If you aren’t tired afterwards then you’re a) doing something wrong or b) probably fitter than I am. I’m in a happy, floaty cloud after sex and everything becomes very garbled after a couple of minutes. Once upon a time, I actually started falling asleep before my (now ex) boyfriend went home. If you know what’s good for you then you will let me sleep.

I can only cuddle for five maybe ten minutes at a time.

I overheat very easily. I also like my space. I will cuddle you, but I will always do the get the fuck away from me ninja move in the middle of the night. That is a polite way of saying that I will shove you off me whenever I feel like it.

Being over affectionate in public (unless I’ve been drinking) freaks me out.

I’m okay with making it obvious that we’re a couple, but I’m not okay with tongue wrestling in front of a crowd…unless I’ve been drinking. All my repressed affection seems to bubble over when I’ve been drinking. If you want me to be all cutesy and cuddle you in public then you need to get a couple of cocktails in me first.

I don’t like being called cutesy names. Ever. (But let me call you “babe” on occasion).

I’m a person, not a dog. I don’t need to be called “hun”, “babe”, “gorgeous” and every other name under the sun. You do not need to create pet names for me. You do not need to bribe me with cute scenarios. Trust me. The thought of it makes me gag. However, I will (on occasion) call you babe. It is a very rare occurrence, but it has been known to happen.

You can’t make me do anything that I don’t want to do.

Some males have this weird notion that a female will give in if they’re persistent enough. Um, no. It doesn’t work like that with me. I don’t care if you’re naked and asking for sex or wanting me to go pick up your dry cleaning. If my heart isn’t 100% in it (why would it be for laundry anyway?) then I simply won’t do it. Ever.

My neck is my ‘weak spot’.

If you want to get my attention then all you have to do is kiss my neck and you will have my 100% undivided attention. The same thing happens if you start tickling my back.

I don’t blab about my feelings.

Talking about my feelings is really hard for me. I don’t know what I want 90% of the time and you have to be okay with that. I like taking things one day at a time. I bolt as soon as I start to feel “trapped” by the situation. However, you will know if I like you/love you/need something to change in the relationship. I don’t really talk to many people about my relationships either. I like my business to stay my business…90% of the time. I am a female, so you have to accept the fact that my friends will know something about you.

…And I will love you.

• Reply jenny jensen

I love this!

February 4, 2015 at 9:11 am
  • Reply annadownsouth

It’s definitely something to think about. I’m single myself and I’ve never thought about the exact facts about me in a relationship.

February 4, 2015 at 9:15 am
    • Reply Little Misadventures

I have been single for waaaaaay too long, so I know exactly how I act in (and out) of a relationship or when I’m dating someone. Ha. Just thought it would be nice to give some people a “heads up” before they get too involved with me!

February 4, 2015 at 9:46 am
      • Reply annadownsouth

Oh god me too, i’m so single it hurts

February 4, 2015 at 1:50 pm
        • Reply Little Misadventures

You gotta remember that there are a lot of perks to being single 😉

February 4, 2015 at 10:22 pm
  • Reply wakeupyourluck

This sounds very familiar!

February 4, 2015 at 10:33 am
  • Reply seniinthebox

Wait. I agree with everything here and it all applies to me as well. What you doing Friday night? 🍸

February 4, 2015 at 7:12 pm
    • Reply Little Misadventures

I believe I will be having a drink with one of my favourite bloggers 😉

February 4, 2015 at 10:26 pm
  • Reply Jazz @ Jazzle Avenue

Oh gosh, Victoria. Are we the same person? Like really? Did I write this post? Hahahaha oh my I am exactly the same in relationships!

Okay the ones I relate most with are the… cutesy names one – my ex once called me Tinkerbelle, I felt sick and cringey and ill and horrified all at the same time. I don’t like being called anything apart from my regular nicknames, nor do I like calling anyone else anything other than their usual nicknames.

I HATE being affectionate in public – I can just about cope holding hands. That is it. No kissing, no hugging, definitely never a bum cup/squeeze. AGH.

I can’t cuddle and go to sleep at the same time. Nope. Never. Cuddle for 5 minutes and be cute and sweet and have a lovely, blissful time. But then we can pull apart and have our own space. Never should I be spooned in the middle of the night unless the other wants a swift elbow to the chest.

I could go on about all of these points, but I reckon you gather I am on the same page as you!

February 6, 2015 at 12:43 pm
    • Reply Little Misadventures

Oh goodness, I think we’re twins! I like being spooned when I’m awake, but I can’t deal with spooning while I’m asleep/trying to sleep. No deal! Ha. I always manage to work myself into the most “anti-snuggle” positions anyway 😉

February 15, 2015 at 7:00 pm
  • Reply Laura

ha! Im not a cuddler either. I think im about 100 degrees hotter than the average person when Im in bed, so I cant be dealing with in. I am a strict no cuddle zone april through september!

February 12, 2015 at 6:48 am
    • Reply Little Misadventures

I’m usually colder than a male, you know, if you exclude the last couple of days. Haha. I seem to be hotter than the sun at the moment! I like cuddles for five minutes, but then I’m done with everything. No more touching haha.

February 15, 2015 at 7:02 pm
  • Reply underneatharock

Haha oh goodness. I just read the first part and damn, aren’t we like 99% alike? Could we get together maybe? You know, you and I? Okay :p

I’m doing a post like this like right NOW. Haha

February 21, 2015 at 12:24 am
  • Reply Fancy a Date: Part Three

[…] assuming we’ve gotten past the feint and run stage of the relationship and we’ve had the awesome floaty sex stage. If anyone has done their research then they would know that the female brain releases huge levels […]

March 3, 2015 at 9:04 am